If you want to protect your data from outsiders, you can set the password to the computer when entering into the account. In this article, we will tell about how this is done in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows XP operating systems.
If you want to protect your data from outsiders, you can set the password to the computer when entering into the account. In this article, we will tell about how this is done in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows XP operating systems.
How to set a password to a computer when entering Windows 10 or 8
In order to set the password to the computer when entering Windows 10 or Windows 8, you need to go to the "Parameters" menu. In Windows, this is enough to open the "Start" menu and select the "Parameters" item. In Windows 8, access to parameters can be obtained through the right side menu.
After you have opened the "Parameters" menu, go to the "Accounts" section, and then in the "Input Parameters" subsection. Here you can set a password to the computer, for this you need to click on the "Add Password" button.
And enter twice the new password, as well as a password tip.
After that, the password will be installed and without it will not get into the account.
How to set a password to a computer when entering Windows 7
To install a password on a computer with a Windows operating system, you need to go to the "Control Panel". To do this, click on the "Start" button and on the right side of the menu, select "Control Panel".
After you open the "Control Panel", go to the "User Accounts and Family Security" section, and then in the "User Accounts" subsection. As a result, you should open the window with the settings of your account. If you want to set a password to enter your account, then click on the "Creating Password Password" link. If you want to set a password for another user, then click on "Managing another Account" and select the user. But consider that this will require administrator rights.
Further you will need to enter a new password twice, enter the password for the password and click on the "Create Password" button.
After that, the password will be created. Now, when you try to enter this account, you will receive a request to enter the password.
How to set a password to a computer when entering Windows XP
If you use the Windows XP operating system, then in order to set the password to the computer you need to go to the "Control Panel". To do this, simply click on the Start button and in the menu that opens, select "Control Panel".
After logging in to the "Control Panel" you need to open the "User Accounts" section.
Further select the account for which you want to set the password to the computer at the entrance. Please note that you can always set a password for your account. But in order to set a password for other accounts, you need to have administrator rights.
After you have selected an account, click on the "Create Password" link.
The last step is to fill the form. Here you need to specify the password that you want to install on the computer when entering, as well as a password tip. After filling out all the fields, click on the "Create Password" button.
On this, everything, now when entering a computer under your account you will see a request for entering a password.
Protect personal data on a computer from copying, viewing by other people and delete the easiest way to password. It can be delivered even if during the installation of the OS Windows item to create an administrator account was missed. Protect information stored on a hard disk or in user folders, in several ways. Thusll, what actions need to be done to put a password to a computer or laptop (methods for both devices identical).
Method number 1: Using parameters
The easiest and fastest way to close personal data to view other people is to create an account and protect it password. You can do this through the Windows Settings menu. Call a window by pressing the Win + I keyboard (the button with the OS and English letter I emblem). You do not need to go to the English layout. In the "Parameters" tab, you can get through the Start menu. You need to press the right mouse button on the OS emblem in the panel.Next to do the following:
- In the window that opens, select "Accounts";
- In the left menu of the window, specify "input parameters";
- On the right side to find the "Password" block;
- Press the "Add" button;
- Fill out the fields of the new window, click "Next".
Protection is installed. Now, after turning on the PC and load the operating system, an account will be displayed on a welcome desktop, the entrance to which only after the code word is introduced. It will have to be introduced each time after immersing the computer into sleep (idle time can be installed manually through the parameters).Interesting!
Make sure that the protection is installed, you can either restart the PC, or by pressing the keyboard combination the Win + L buttons. Both operations throw out the user to the welcome desktop OS, where the icon will appear with the account and the code word entering.
Varieties of protective passwords
Come up with a difficult password for hacking - not easy, as remembering it. To more reliably protect data and avoid problems with the input to the user desktop, you can use additional locking tools - a graphic password or PIN.Important!
Buttons to perform them will be active only after the main password is installed on the Windows system. Without it, the "Add" button will be inactive.Algorithm for PIN-code:
- Select "Add" in the PIN block;
- In the clean field in the new window to make a digital code;
- Press the "OK" button
Graphic password will be delivered only to computer tuning screen. The blocking principle is to choose a photo or picture (condition - must be saved on the hard disk), followed by an indication of important zones on it. There may be several of them. For example, on a photo portrait to highlight with a circle, an oval or a rectangle of eyes and chin, ear and eyebrow. When entering the account, a photo portrait will appear on which the previously selected objects selected.
Method number 2: Using Microsoft account
Create account in the "Parameters" window. Only in the left block you need to select the "Your Parameters" menu. The function of the user will be displayed in the right menu. Here you need to find "Log in instead ...".Next, the algorithm is as follows:
- Find and follow the link "Create it";
- Fill offered in the field window;
- Press "Next".
Creating a Microsoft account will not only protect the information, but will allow synchronize system parameters. So in case of reinstallation of the OS, it will not be necessary to configure PCs and applications again, just enter the account. The transfer of alphanumeric codes of the system is performed. After rebooting, an icon with a clean field for entering a password will appear on the welcome screen.
Method number 3: Using the command line
If the user works as an administrator, then a command line can be used to install a password on a computer or laptop. It is easy to call a short CMD command in the Windows search string, then right-click and run the command "as an administrator".After these:
- Enter the query "Net Users";
- Press the ENTER keyboard;
- From the list of accounts that appeared, select the desired (if there is no such, only the name of the PC will fall);
- Make a request "Net User username Password" (before each other word put a space), where the "username" is the name of the account, and the password is the alphanumeric code;
- Confirm by clicking on ENTER.
Protection of personal information is established. Check the correctness of the operation, you can restart the PC or pressing Win + L from the keyboard. The welcome screen will display a window with the assigned account name and a clean line for entering the alphanumeric code. The combination of Win + L keys is convenient to use to quickly close the account. For example, when there are many people around, but you need to urgently remove from the computer. Wait until he "will fall asleep", in this case is irrational.
Closing the password account is an easy and reliable way to protect data from copying, reading and deleting. But you need to come up with a complex code, otherwise it will be easy to hack. Do not neglect the hint field. In case the code word is lost or forgotten, it will help you remember.
If several people use one computer, then there may be a need to hide personal data (photos, correspondence, files) from curious people. You can solve the problem by installing the password to the computer at the entrance. The sequence of actions depends on the version of the operating system. Consider all possible ways.
How to put a password on a computer when you turn on Windows 7
In Windows, you can create accounts for each PC user with individual rights and restrictions. To enter a specific account, you will need to enter the code. Consider how to put a password on a computer with Windows 7.
«Start »→" Control Panel "- ....
«User accounts »
«Creating an account " Need to come up with " Name "And save changes. Followed by " Create a password "
In a special field, we enter the invented code. It can contain letters, numbers and special characters. There are no restrictions on the use of Cyrillic or Latin.
Very important! Password is sensitive to the register. That is, the "valley" and "valley" are different words. Therefore, it is important that the keyboard is disabled. Caps Lock. .
We maintain changes and reboot PC. The next time you enter the account, a password window will appear.
How to install a PC password when entering Windows 8.10
Protect a computer from Windows 8, as well as with Windows 7..nave the cursor to the right panel and select the item " Options "
Next, choose " Change computer parameters "
On the tab " Users »Click on" Creating a password "
After the introduction of symbols, click Ready " That's how to quickly set the password to the computer at the entrance.
In Windows 8, you can create graphic passwords in the form of a combination of circles, lines and points. However, the user will need to fill the size of the figures and their direction otherwise unlock the PC will not work.
How to pass a computer with Windows XP OS
You can also put a password on the computer via the menu item " Start – Control Panel – Accounts "
Next, you should select or create an account, access to which will be protected.
In the next window, click on " Creating a password "
We enter in the row invented code (combination of numbers, letters and characters). The invented password must be specified twice or copied from the top line and insert into the bottom. After that, click " Create a password "
Restart PC. Now every time you start the user account, you will need to specify the invented code.
Blocking system via BIOS
The input in the BIOS OS is carried out before booting Windows. Therefore, to put a password to a computer through the BIOS, you need to restart the PC. As soon as the first window appears with the name of the system to press and hold F2-F8 + DEL (depending on the version of the OS).
In the menu that opens, select the item " Bios Setting Password. "
A window will appear to enter password in length in 6 characters. It will not work Cyrillic, as it is not possible to switch the language.
In the next window, you will need to confirm the specified password. The successful completion of the operation shows the message:
So the password is set to enter the BIOS OS. To block the account, you need in paragraph " Advanced Bios Features. »Choose subparagraph" Password Check. "
If this line is installed " Setup. "The access code will be requested only when the BIOS is loaded. Need to change it on " Always "
To save changes we click F10. . That's how to quickly set the password to the computer at the entrance.
"Parental Control" - child protection
Parental computer control is a complex of programs intended to limit the use of PCs by children. With their help, adults can block sites " 18+ ", Time is on the Internet and in general, the period of use of the PC. " Parental control »You can connect the tools of the operating system through the menu item in the" Control Panel "
This feature is connected to a specific account. If it is not, then for a child you first need to create account, and then configure access parameters to information.
Create a name
We change access parameters.
The easiest way to limit the time interval, that is, set the time to which the user will be able to enter the operating system. The schedule can be adjusted by day of week.
Separately indicates access to games.
For each application separately:
For online games Your settings panel:
The most important thing is after installing all parameters to include them.
Here's how to limit access to children to games.
How to remove password on your computer
Having understood how to install a password to a computer at the entrance, go to the question how to remove it.
You can disable the option through the string " Perform "( Win + R. ). In the command line we indicate " NetPlwiz "And Zhmem. OK .
In the account settings window, you should remove the checkbox from the point " Require password "
To confirm the operation, you will need to enter the password twice and press the button " Ready "
In earlier versions of the OS, you can perform this operation through the item " Perform "( Win + R. ). In the line you should register the team " Control UserPasswords2. "And click OK .
In the account settings, remove the checkbox " Require password "
To reset the password in BIOS, you need in the same window " Bios Setting Password. »Leave an empty string, that is, not to enter any characters.
Then after clicking ENTER The message appears on the screen. Password uninstalled "
How to put a password on a computer in Windows 10, 8 and 7
June 26, 2018
Posted by: Maksim.
One of the most necessary sought-after Windows features. Sooner or later, almost every user of this operating system is wondering - how to put a password on a computer or laptop when entering.
If you need no one besides you to use a PC, that the best way will pass it away, so you will protect your data not only from curious eyes, but also from intruders.
You already know how to put a password to the folder in the computer, thereby protecting your data from third-party persons. Now you will be known how to set a password to a computer in Windows 10, 8 and 7 versions.
There are several options for solving this task. The first when the PC will be loaded, but the system will be soldered. The second when without paking the system will not even start loading. Tell me how to do it.
How to set a password to the computer at the entrance
Let's start with the most popular option - just pass through the login in Windows. It is done quite simply, it is not even necessary to restart the system.
1. Set a password to local account
one. Open the "Control Panel", to do this, press "Ctrl + R" on the keyboard and enter the "Control Panel" command (without quotes).
2. In the opened parameters, go to the "User Accounts" section.
If you have a version of Windows 8, 8.1 or 7, then:
3. In the window that appears, click on the "Creating a password of your account" link and set the code word.
If you wish, you can specify the prompt, it will help you to remember the code word if you suddenly forget it.
If you have a Windows 10 version, then:
3. In the window that appears, click on the link "Changing the account in the Computer Settings window".
four. Next, in the left column, open the "Input Settings" item and already in the Right in the "Password" section, click on the Add button. Also, you can also specify the prompt.
Ready, with the next boot, Windows will ask you to enter the specified code word, otherwise it will not be loaded simply.
2. Pass the computer through the Microsoft account - Windows 10, 8.1 and 8
one. Open "Parameters" for this:
- In Windows 8, press the "WIN" key on the keyboard and start printing "Computer Settings" (without quotes) and open the appropriate item.
- In Windows 10 on the keyboard, press the two "Win + I" keys.
2. In the window that opens, go to the section "Accounts" and on the right column click on the link "Login with Microsoft Account". In Windows 8, this section is called simply "Users".
3. Enter your account from your account or create a new one. After saving the settings, when you boot Windows, you will request the data from the Microsoft account.
A pretty convenient function and safety is even better than the first way, but if you want the PC at all, you do not turn on at all while there is no time, then the most effective way will be to pass the disk.
How to put a password to a computer when turned on
In this case, we will block the launch of the hard disk in the motherboard BIOS settings. For this:
one. When the PC is loaded, press the "DEL" key to go to the BIOS. The list of settings opens.
2. You need a section "Security". In different BIOS motherboards, it can be called differently, but most often this is the case.
3. Opening this section, find the parameter - "HDD Password", it is it that will pass it. Other points there is no point in touching, for example, "Supervisor Password" will pass the BIOS itself. But still, it is better to first read on your motherboard website, which parameter blocks the disc boot.
four. After you change the settings - do not forget to save them "Save & Exit"
The main thing is not forget the code word - write it down somewhere, otherwise you have to resort to the full reset of the BIOS settings so that the PC is started. And in some motherboards, it is simply impossible to do this without parsing the body of the system unit or laptop.
As you can see everything is done elementary and fast. Always use ciphers that no one can guess and do not forget them in the future. I wish your data as your data and go to us more often, there will be many more interesting materials about the protection of your data.
If someone else has access to your computer besides you, it is best to take care of its additional protection by setting the password to access the operating system. So you will be exactly sure that no one without your knowledge gains access to personal data. If you have a personal laptop, to which there is no access to you except you, it is still recommended to install a password. The fact is that the laptop is much easier to lose, and so you will be sure that you will not receive access to your data.
How to put a password on a computer with windows
We will look at several ways to install a password on a computer. Some of them will be relevant to all versions of Windows, others can only be applied on the "dozen". They will all lead to one result - to enter the Microsoft account you will need to enter the password you've defined earlier.
Specifying a new password for Windows accounts, follow Microsoft's basic recommendations:
- Pay attention to whether CAPS LOCK is enabled. The fact is that the system takes into account the register, therefore, the "password" and "password" for it are completely different combinations.
- Try not to use light passwords, like, "12345", "QWERTY", "YTSUKEN". Such combinations are very easily wedged.
- The password should not accommodate the user account login or any of its component.
- Try to use both letters and numbers.
- In the password, it is advisable to apply the title and capital letters of the alphabet.
Option 1: Installing a password through "Parameters"
This method is relevant only for Windows 10. In the "eight" and "seven", it is implemented somewhat differently.
- Run the "parameters" of the operating system. You can do this by using the Win + I key combination. You can also call "Parameters" through the "Start" menu: Click on the corresponding icon and on the left side, click on the icon in the form of a gear.
- In the "Parameters" window, select "Accounts".
- Then, in the left menu, switch to the "Input Options" section. You will be offered several security options in addition to the standard password. Note that not all of them can be supported by your device.
- In our case, choose the option "Password". Click on the block of the same name. More information about this type of protection will be published. Click the Edit button.
- A window will open in which you will need to write the current password. The fact is that Windows 10 should stand a password from the user by default. If you do not have it, then just click "Next" and enter nothing.
- Enter a new password in special fields. Duplicate it in an additional field, as well as specify the hint. It can not specify it. Click "Next".
- The new password will apply to your account in Windows, what will the system be notified about. Click the "Finish" button.
Option 2: Tail Microsoft account
You do not need to invent a password separately for account in Windows, as you can bind to it Microsoft account and use it to enter. It is convenient to the fact that if you have several computers, you do not need to set a password for each. However, if someone hacks your account on Microsoft, it will be able to access the data on the computer.
See also: Adding to "Exceptions" in the Windows 10 defender, see the computer characteristics in Windows 10 Windows 10 how to remove the password open "folder parameters" in Windows 10
You can make synchronization with Microsoft account on Windows 8 and 10. The instruction for both OS will be approximately the same, with the exception of some interface elements. We will look at the process on the example of Windows 10.
- Open "Parameters". This is done through a Win + I key combination or through the Start menu. Only the last option is available in the G8.
- Open the "Accounts" section.
- In the "dozen" will need to be switched to the "E-mail and Account" subsection, which is located in the left menu. In the case of the "eight" you will need to switch to the "Input Parameters" subsection.
- Find the "Add Microsoft Account" link.
- Enter data from your Microsoft account: email or skype login, password (it will be used to log in). After click "Next".
- From here you can create an account in Microsoft, if you do not have any. Click on the "Create it" link.
- To register a new account, you will have to enter all the requested data. Additionally, confirmation may be required by SMS.
Option 3: through the "Control Panel"
This option is universal for all Windows operating systems, but mainly used on the "seven". The process of installing the password is as follows:
- Run the control panel. In all versions, it can be implemented through the "Run" string. Call it using the Win + R key combination. In the open line, enter the Control command and press ENTER or the "OK" button.
- The "Control Panel" opens. Here, select the category "User Accounts and Family Safety".
- Click on "Changing Windows Password" in the "User Accounts" section.
- In the list of action, click on the inscription "Creating a password of your account."
- The password creation interface appears. There will be three fields: the fields for the password itself, the field for confirmation (must match the first), the field for the prompt (can not be filled). Fill in the required fields and click "Create Password". At this step, the procedure for adding additional protection of your account in Windows will be completed.
Option 4: Set through the "Command Line"
The "Command Line" is a universal tool for interacting with the operating system. This method is suitable not to all users, since not everyone got used to interact with Windows through commands. But this way is faster in execution, plus, universal for all versions of the Windows operating system.
- Call the "Command Line" with administrator rights. In different versions of Windows, this process may vary. In the "dozen", for example, you need to right-click on the "Start" menu and select the "Command Line (Administrator)" item from the dropped list. If there is "PowerShell (administrator)", then choose it. This is about the same thing.
- Enter Net Users to get detailed information about all available accounts.
- A list of all accounts in the system will appear. It is important for you to know how your account in Windows is prescribed. Most likely, she will stand the "Administrator" value.
- Enter the command template: Net Username Password. Instead of username, write the name of the account for which the password is specified, and instead of Password, you will write the password itself. Press Enter so that the command is successfully applied.
As you can see, set the password for the personal account in Windows is easy. Moreover, several ways are provided to do.
Please note: To fulfill most instructions from this article, you must use a local Windows account with administrator rights.
How to put a password on a computer with windows
If other people have access to your computer, it is reasonable to protect Windows password. So your settings and data will be safe: no one can view or change them without special knowledge. Windows will request a password when you turn on the computer, when changing your account or after the sleeper is output.
How to put a password on windows 10
- Open the "Start" → "Parameters" section (gear icon) → "Accounts" → "Input parameters".
- Click "Add" under the Password item.
- Fill in the fields according to the prompts of the system and click Finish.
How to put a password on Windows 8.1, 8
- In the right sidebar, click "Parameters" (Icon in the form of a gear) → "Changing computer parameters". In the Opening window menu, select "Accounts" (or "users"), and then "input parameters".
- Click on the "Create Password" button.
- Fill in the fields, click "Next" and "Done."
How to put a password on Windows 7, Vista, XP
- Open the "Start" section → "Control Panel" → "User Accounts".
- Select the desired account and click "Create a password" or immediately click "Creating a password of your account."
- Fill in the fields using the system prompts and click on the "Create Password" button.
How to remove a password when entering Windows any version
If extraneous does not have physical access to your computer, it is possible to disable protection better. It will save from the need to enter a password each time the system starts.
- Use the Windows + R keys combination and enter on the command prompt. NetPlwiz (or Control UserPasswords2. If the first command does not work). Press ENTER.
- In the window that opens, select the account in the list, for which you want to remove the password, and remove the donkey near the "Require user name and password" item. Click OK.
- Enter the password, confirm it and click OK.
Windows will stop requesting a password only when the computer is turned on. But if you block the screen (Windows + L keys), you will leave the system or the computer will switch to sleep mode, then the password request will still appear on the display.
If the option "Require user name and password" will be inaccessible or you want not to disable, and completely remove the Windows password, try another way for more experienced users.
To do this, open the Account Management section on one of the instructions at the beginning of this article.
If in the open section it will be said that you are using the Microsoft online profile (Email and password), disconnect it. Then use the prompts of the system to create a local profile, but in the process do not fill in the password fields.
After disconnecting the Microsoft account, the system will stop synchronize your settings and files on different computers. Some applications may refuse to work.
If local profile will be initially active in the account management menu, simply change the current password, leaving the fields for a new password empty.
When removing the old password, the system will never request it until you add a new one.
How to remove the password when leaving sleeping mode
If you disable the password request when Windows starts, the system can still request it when waking. But you can deactivate this feature separately using these instructions.
How to remove a password when waking up Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista
- In Windows search string, enter "Power" and click on the found link to the section with the same name. Or find it manually through the control panel.
- Click "Password Request when Awakening", then "Changing the parameters that are not currently available" and check the option "Do not request a password".
- Save the changes.
How to remove a password when waking up Windows XP
- Open the "Control Panel" section → "Power supply".
- In the window that appears, click the Advanced tab and remove the donkey near the Password item when you exit the waiting mode.
- Save the changes.
How to reset the password on windows any version
If you forget the password and cannot enter the local Windows administrator profile, it is not necessary to reinstall OS. There is a way out simpler: Password reset. To do this, you will need another computer, a USB drive and a free password reset utility.
Create a bootable flash drive on another PC
- Download Lazesoft Recover My Password installer to any available computer.
- Run the downloaded file and install.
- Connect the USB flash drive to the computer. If necessary, make a copy of files stored on it, since all the information has to be deleted.
- Open Lazesoft Recover My Password, click Burn Bootable CD / USB Disk Now! And create a bootable USB flash drive using program prompts.
Load the computer using a flash drive
- Insert the prepared USB drive into the computer, the password from which you forgot.
- Turn on (or reboot) the PC and, as soon as it starts uploaded, press the transition key to the BIOS settings. Usually it is F2, F8, F9 or F12 - depends on the manufacturer of the equipment. Most often, the desired key is displayed on the screen during the BIOS boot.
- Being in the BIOS menu, go to the boot download section, if the system has not changed you there immediately.
- In the Boot section, install a USB flash drive on the list of devices that appears on the screen. If you do not know how to do it, look around - there must be tips about the control.
- Save the changes.
If the BIOS is also protected by a password that is unknown to you, then you will not be able to reset Windows password protection using Lazesoft Recover My Password.
Perhaps instead of a classic BIOS you will see a more modern graphical interface. In addition, even in various old versions of BIOS, the settings may differ. But in any case, the order of action will be approximately the same: go to the boot menu, select the desired USB drive and save the changes.
After that, the computer should boot from the flash drive to which the Lazesoft Recover My Password utility is written.
Reset the password in Lazesoft Recover My Password
- Select Lazesoft Live CD (EMS Enabled) and press ENTER.
- Reset the password for your account with the help of Lazesoft Recover My Password.
- Restart the computer.
After these actions, Windows will stop requesting an old password, and you can ask a new instruction at the beginning of the article.
There are several ways to protect the data stored on the computer. You can encrypt access to individual files or folders, and it is best to block for an extraneous input. Many users are interested in the question whether it is possible to put a password on the computer with standard ways. Yes, such an opportunity exists on all popular operating systems. Let's tell you how to protect the entrance to the account on Windows 7 version or 10.
How to put a password on a Windows 7 computer
Standard algorithm, how to put a password on a Windows version of Windows, looks like this:
- Through the Start menu, go to the control panel.
- Configure the display of all settings items. Find a section that managing user accounts.
- In the main part of the window to part of the parameters entitled "Creating a password". If you have several accounts for different people, highlight the one that you want to protect on the left. Only then go through the link.
- Set the desired combination, repeat it. In the bottom line, you can enter the question or specify the hint. Remember that the tip will be visible to any person who will try to decipher the entrance.
If you use the letters of a different register, then each time they need to be entered correctly. Passwords consisting of random letters and numbers are considered the most reliable. It is better to use Cyrillic, Latin and a different register.
How to manage password on a computer?
Other password manipulations can also be carried out through the Custom Account Management section.
- change the combination for the entrance;
- Get rid of the password request.
There you can edit other user record settings. After installing the protective password, you will need to enter it each time when logging into the system. If you are mistaken in combination, a hint will appear above the input field.
How to put a password on a computer with Windows 10
The tenth version of Windows OS combines the capabilities of previous models. It was widespread for the possibility of fine tuning. Now let's tell you how to put a password on a Windows version of Windows.
Install the password through the Start button
The Start menu contains links to all programs and important computer management sections. Installing a protective combination to the user account is carried out like this:
- Expand the "Start" menu and in the left part of it, click the gear icon.
- In the Parameters section, select the Accounts block.
- In the left column, find the footnote to install the parameters for the entrance.
- You have several variants of protective combinations: password, pin code and graphic key. The latter is better to use on touchscreen devices. Click on the "Edit" button located in the Password item.
- Enter in two top fields the desired combination to protect your account. The third field is designed to introduce the prompt.
After you confirm your actions, the intended combination or word will need to use each time you activate the operation of the device (turn on it or exit sleeping mode).
Set a password through the command line
If you are used to using to configure the operating system, the command line, then on Windows 10, it is possible to solve the problem to solve it, how to put a password to a computer when turned on.
- Right-click on the icon. Stay on the "Command Line (Administrator" line in the list that appears.
- First you need to display all device users. To do this, place the cursor in the window, type: Net Users.
- Then set the combination to enter the command input: "Net Users Password account name". In this case, you must specify the name of the account you want to protect, and then enter the desired combination to unlock it at the beginning of operation.
All commands are confirmed by the Enter key. This method is simple, since you do not have to look for the desired section with the settings - the standard utility is activated automatically.
How to enable a password request when entering Windows?
Often it is not enough to solve the problem, how to put a password on Windows Windows. He may not start working immediately. If after restarting the window for entering the password does not appear, then it is necessary to manually activate it. First of all, we will include this opportunity when entering the system:
Win + R.;
- Enter the command in the "Run" line
- Put the marker next to the "Require input" string in the next window;
- Apply the changes and click "OK".
If you want to enter the combination you intended immediately after exiting the sleep mode, you need to work with the accounts section in the parameter menu.
It needs to do the following:
- go to a part that is responsible for the entry parameters;
- In the right part of the window, specify that you need an input after using the computer's sleep mode.
This is enough in order to you need to enter the password immediately after the PC from the sleep mode. The transition to sleep mode can be configured in the Power Power Parameters. This feature is more often needed in offices so that no one can read your files at the time you will leave the workplace.
Now you know how to put a password on a Windows computer. This procedure does not take you more than 10 minutes. If you liked the article, show her friends. In the comments, you can share the difficulties in installing a password or set any question on this procedure.
Today will be told about how to put a password on a computer . It is impossible to call such protection, it is not so difficult to get around. But if several people use a single computer, then it is simply necessary to protect your account. After the code is set without its knowledge, it will be impossible to automatically log in in the system, and the procedure itself takes a few minutes.
Installation of the password
Regardless of whether you want to put a password on Windows 7 or 10 version Window The principle of protection is the same: when the PC is input from the sleep mode or when you turn on, the machine requires entering the code that has been set earlier. If the characters are entered incorrectly, "Guest" will not be able to access data, reconfigure programs, delete, download, or just see the information. There are several ways to install passwords, they all do not interfere with work and are completely safe, but the easiest way to put a password on Window 10 Using the control panel, all other ways bring the same result, but more difficult.
Installing a password through the "Control Panel"
Put a password to a computer when turning on through the "Control Panel" - the most common and easy way " Passing " . It does not require advanced skills, creating separate profiles or memorizing teams and is suitable even for beginners. Several consecutive steps should be done:
- Press the "Start" menu and find the "control panel", on which too Click ;
- Choose the "User Account" tab;
- Open the "User Accounts" section and Click "Change Password Windows ";
- The profile will show a list of actions in which you need to select "Creating a password";
- In the window that opens, three forms will appear in which data will be needed to create a new password;
- In the form "New Password" you need to enter an expression, word, or a set of characters that will password - it will need to be entered when entering the computer. It is necessary to pay attention to the language layout of the keyboard and the mode " Caps. Lock " Too simple combinations like " Yatsuken "," QWERTY. "Or" 12345 "is not imposed. When selecting a key, you can use the recommendations Microsoft. :
The secret phrase does not have to contain a user account login, but also its part; the password length must be more than six characters;
It is advisable to use both uppercase and capital symbols;
It is recommended to apply not only letters and numbers, but also the characters, its relating to the alphabet.
- The "Password Confirm" field is entered by a code word or a combination of characters invented before that.
- "Enter the prompt" - in the form you need to enter a hint that will be used if you suddenly forget the password. Here you should use the data that you know only yourself. The Field is not necessary, but I recommend it to use, otherwise there is a risk of losing access to your own entries and data;
- After all the data is entered, Click on the "Create Password" button;
After that, the procedure for creating a password through the control panel ends. Protection status can be seen in the Changes in the Account made. After Windows It will be rebooted, it will need to enter a secret combination of symbols for exit. If a person enjoys a person who has a password with administrator privileges, and there is no second such profile on the PC, then without a password knowledge gain access to Window It will be impossible.
This is the easiest way to install a password to a computer.
P.S. About how to remove the password at the entrance, told here
In the modern world, data protection is one of the main factors of cybersecurity. Fortunately, Windows provides such an opportunity without installing additional software. The password will ensure the safety of your data from foreign and attackers. A particular relevance of a secret combination acquires in laptops, which are most often susceptible to theft and losses.
How to put a password on a computer
The article will consider the main ways to add a password to a computer. They are all unique and allow you to enter the system even using the password from the Microsoft account, but this defense does not guarantee 100% of the security from the penetration of foreign personalities.
See also: How to reset the password of the administrator account in Windows XP
Method 1: Adding a password in "Control Panel"
The method of passing through the "Control Panel" is one of the easiest and most used. Perfectly suitable for beginners and inexperienced users, does not require memorizing teams and create additional profiles.
- Press "Start" menu and click "Control Panel" .
- Select the tab "User Accounts and Family Safety" .
- Click on "Changing Windows Password" in section "User accounts" .
- From the list of action over the profile, select "Creating a password" .
- In a new window, there are 3 forms to enter the basic data that is necessary to create a password.
- The form "New Password" Designed for a code word or expression that will be requested when the computer starts, pay attention to the mode "CAPS LOCK" and keyboard layout when filling it. Do not create very simple passwords like "12345", "QWERTY", "YTSUKEN" . Adhere to Microsoft Recommendations on the selection of a secret key:
- The secret expression cannot accommodate the user account login or any of its component;
- The password should consist of more than 6 characters;
- In the password it is advisable to apply the title and capital letters of the alphabet;
- In the password it is recommended to use decimal numbers and non-alphabetic characters.
- "Password confirmation" - The field in which you want to enter a previously invented code word to eliminate errors and random pressing, as the entered characters are hidden.
- The form "Enter a password tip" Created to remind the password if you can not remember it. Use the data known only to you in the prompt. This field is optional, but we recommend to fill it out, otherwise there is a risk to lose your account and access to the PC.
- When fill in the required data, click "Create a password" .
- At this stage, the password installation procedure is over. You can see the status of your protection in the Changeline window. After rebooting, Windows will require a secret expression for the entrance. If you have only one profile with administrator privileges, then not knowing the password, access to Windows will not be possible.
Read more: Installing a password on a Windows 7 computer
Method 2: Microsoft Account
This method will allow you to access the computer with a password from Microsoft's profile. The code expression can be changed using an email address or phone number.
- Find "Computer Settings" In standard Windows applications "Start" menu (So it looks like on 8-ke, in Windows 10 gain access to "Parameters" You can click the corresponding button in the menu "Start" or by using key combination Win + I. ).
- From the list of parameters, select the section "Accounts" .
- In the side menu, click on "Your Account" , Further "Connect to Microsoft account" .
- If you already have Microsoft account, enter e-mail, phone number or Skype username and password.
- Otherwise, create a new account by entering the requested data.
- After authorization, you will need confirmation with a unique SMS code.
- After all Windows manipulations, the password from the Microsoft account for the entrance will be requested.
Read more: How to put a password in Windows 8
Method 3: Command String
This method is suitable for more advanced users, as it implies knowledge of console teams, but it can boast the speed of its execution.
- Click by "Start" menu And launch "Command Line" On behalf of the administrator.
Net Users.To get detailed information about all available accounts.
- Copy and paste the following command:
Net Username Password
Where UserName. - account name, and instead Password. You should enter your password.
- To check the profile protection installation, restart or block the computer with a key combination Win + L. .
Read more: Installing a password on Windows 10
Creating a password does not require special training and special skills. The main complexity is inventing the secret combination itself, and not installation. At the same time, it is not necessary to rely on this method, as a panacea in the field of data protection.We are glad that you could help you solve the problem. Describe what you did not work.
Our specialists will try to answer as quickly as possible.
Will this article help you?WELL NO
Share Articles on Social Networks:
Hi everyone! Today we will look at how to put a password on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.
On Windows 7, you must go to the Start menu in the lower left corner. Then in the control panel.
Next, go into accounts.
Next user accounts
Next Create Password
And enter your password twice, you can still enter the prompt
Create a password. All.
We carry the mouse to the right upper corner and we take exactly at the bottom. And choose the parameters
Next, select the change in computer parameters
Next entry parameters
We enter the parameters as shown in the bottom of the bottom
Next entry parameters and change
First enter the current password if you change it. If the first time, then enter the password immediately.
that's all. Thanks to all for watching, everyone before the ambulance.